Re: Can we have different desktop backgrounds for different workspaces

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 2:30 AM, Anne Wilson <annew@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 27 August 2009 17:02:34 Michael Hennebry wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Aug 2009, RAMAKISHOREBABU KOPPULA wrote:
> > Can we have different desktop backgrounds for different workspaces? If
> > yes how?
>
> Not, I am told, with recent versions of KDE.
> Waaaaah.

Yes, you can now.  I do have.  I have Air on Desktop1 and blue-sun-m on
Desktop 2.  This wasn't available before KDE 4.3 as far as I know.

Anne
Just found a cool new feature?  Add it to UserBase

Hi Anne
How to do this?  If I right-click on the desktop and select "Desktop Settings" it appears that I can only choose one image for all desktops.  This functionality of having an image for each desktop from KDE 3.x is the only thing that I (really!!!) miss in KDE 4.x.  I really do think that KDE 4 is now much superiour to KDE 3 excepting the (perhaps minor issue for the KDE devs) of having multiple desktop images to match the prefered use/purpose for that desktop.  No other element in KDE 4 makes me wish to regress back to the previous system (except the use of "kyum" which upon installation pulls in many elements from KDE 3...)
Has kyum been ported to KDE 4?  How to enable selecting an image for each desktop configured?
/fennix
PS:  I think that it would be better stated that there are 2 issues for me:  (1) Enabling selecting a "unique" image for each of my desktops.  (2)  Installing kyum for upgrading my current Fedora installation without pulling in many elements/libraries of KDE3 to support this application.
I know that I should post this to the KDE.org/brainstorm link you had posted previously...but I feel that if this is a majour issue then many must have already complained before now so if no-one has said much then these are not majour issues to the general KDE community...  (Running KDE 4.3.00 currently...)
/fennix