Re: CUPS: "publishing" a printer?

On 08/25/2009 11:05 PM, G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:
Using "System|Administration|Printing" i can see my printers, so I
select my default printer and look at the "Policies" section.

I shows "Shared" but with an annotation that it is not "published" and
to see "Server Settings" for information.

Where is this particular "Server Settings" it refers to?
"System|Administration|Server Settings" has nothing appropriate, and
there is no "Server Settings" in the Printing complex.

"System|Administration|Printing" brings up the "Printer Configuration" gui app.  On the menu bar is "Server  Printer  Group  View  Help".   Click "Server" and that gives you a drop-down with "Settings ..." as the second choice.  "Settings" brings up a "Basic Server Settings" dialog box.  The second check box is "Publish shared printers . . ."

I installed samba-swat and browsed through the advanced view on printing
and could find nothing appropriate.

So, how does one "publish" a printer under F11?

Thanks for your attention.

--
PGP key available