New "feature" after recent "yum update"

Hello Everyone
I just ran "yum update", logged out and logged back in.  I was greeted
with this:
http://www.afolkey2.net/~steve/20090825-Fedora11-ScreenShot-001.jpg

More specifically, some of the icons on my desktop had little red
circles (with exclamation points in them) by them.  At first I thought
something (else) really weird happened and I had a whole bunch of
broken symlinks.

Then I clicked on one to see what happened.  This is the result:
http://www.afolkey2.net/~steve/20090825-Fedora11-ScreenShot-002.jpg

If I click "Continue" the application starts just fine, and the circle
with the exclamation point goes away "for that application."

If for some reason, I decide to minimize the little prompt depicted in
http://www.afolkey2.net/~steve/20090825-Fedora11-ScreenShot-002.jpg

the entire desktop gets dim (just like a window that does not have
focus is set to do on our system) and the little dialog minimizes just
fine.  BUT, I have not been able to find a way to restore it after it
has been minimized.  For all intents and purposes, the desktop is
locked up.  I happen to have my desktop set to display a slide-show
that changes pictures every 15 seconds.  This continues to work
properly.  Pop-ups for newly received email work properly.  But my
ability to interact with my desktop and start new applications is
completely and totally ended.  The only way to get things back to
normal is to do "Ctrl | Alt | Backspace"

Just to clarify, I have never seen this behavior on our Fedora 11
system.  It started IMMEDIATELY after the recent updates that pulled
KDE 4.3 in (I run KDE, by the way...)

I have discovered quite a few new things so far after logging back in
after the recent updates.  All of them that I have seen so far I
really like.  This one I don't care for :)  I can see why it could be
a good idea, but I don't like the fact that I am now forced to opt-out
of this new (to me) feature instead of "opting-in"

So my questions are as follows:
1. Where do I change the appropriate setting so that I can get things
back to the way they were before the recent updates?
2. If a new RPM was pulled in with these updates that caused this new
functionality, what is it's name?

I will look for answers to these questions myself as well.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Steven P. Ulrick