Re: F11: No longer getting auto-mounted drive partitions to /media?

On 08/25/2009 09:43 AM, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

Since mounting @ boot time can be done via /etc/fstab,
but logging in as user seems to be a different process
where with at least F9 and earlier, was an all or nothing
mounting proposition, but with F11, I no longer get any
/media partitions auto-mounted for many of my various
distro HD partitions.  I do not like having ALL partitions
mounted,just specific ones.

I would like to ask where the link/documentation is,
explaining how the "auto-mounting" /media process works
and to better understand how one might be better able to
control which drive partitions get auto-mounted for global
and/or local-specific-user via some kind of a configuration or
(fine-grained?) policy tool?  I am not sure this tool even
exists, which is why I am asking.

Thanks!
Dan

FWIW, i had problem with my SD media not auto mounting on insertion; this was resolved by labeling the filesystem on the media.
not exactly on topic, but maybe useful, ...

--
   jack craig
      jackc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx