Re: Howto configure soundcard in F11

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 12:37 AM, Fennix <cn.stefan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 11:57 PM, stan <gryt2@xxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 05:02:59 -0500
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-08-24 at 18:11 -0700, stan wrote:
> > On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 09:50:58 +0200
> > Joachim Backes <joachim.backes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Somebody can tell me how to do this in F11? Thank you in advance.
> >
> > If you are using the default Fedora sound setup, everything is
> > handled through pulseaudio now.  I think the menu items you want are
> > Applications -> Sound and Video -> PulseAudio Manager
> > and
> > Applications -> Sound and Video -> PulseAudio Volume Control

> I can find neither of these on my machine.

I seem to recall that you have pulse audio removed, or at least some of
its functionality?  So you don't have a default fedora installation
anymore.  And of course, if you are using KDE, the menu path is probably
different.

Or perhaps you are being very literal?  The second entry in the menu is
Sound & Video, I just wrote it as Sound and Video.
For the KDE menu path:
Applications -> Multimedia -> PulseAudio Manager
Applications -> Multimedia -> Volume Control (PulseAudio Volume Control)
/fennix
I hope that this helps....I should suppose from the above comment that as KDE is not the default Fedora installation and (therefore) otherwise supported?  Anyways, I hope the advice does help.
/fennix
(running KDE 4.3 and very happy now)