howto making rescue mode available from grub prompt with install.img ?

Hi,

I want to config grub so that I have a rescue mode entry. I can do this with the following in /boot/grub/grub.conf:
=====
title Fedora 11 Rescue from disk
  root (hd2,0)
#  kernel /vmlinuz rescue stage2=hd:/dev/sda1:/
kernel /vmlinuz rescue lang=en_AU keymap=us repo=hd:/dev/sdc5:/ stage2=hd:/dev/sda1:/images
  initrd /initrd.img
=====
where the vmlinuz and initrd.img are from the dvd/images/pxeboot/ directory.
So the parameters mean [1]:
- start rescue mode
- use English language
- use US keyboard
- install from the iso repo from the hard disk
- use the stage2 image at location.

This works, but requires the complete DVD iso to be present at the repo= place, and I think that the stage2 parameter is being ignored.

The help suggests that only stage2= should be required, but I have tried a few different versions of specifying it's location on the hard disk with no success; with the repo= added it works OK.

What am I missing ?

DaveT.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda_Boot_Options