Re: Custom installation of Fedora

Anne Wilson:
>> It was explained long ago that installing "everything" would throw up some
>> serious conflicts/problems that would stop many thing working correctly.

Bruno Wolff III:
> Which was really an indication of problems that needed to get fixed, not
> specifically that there should never be an "Everything" button.

The solution for "I cannot fit fit my elbow into my ear" is that you
stop trying to do the impossible, no amount of arguing that you "want
to" is going to change the facts that it's impossible.  There isn't
going to be any fixing of trying to do something that just can't be
done.

Sure, some of the problems may be down to some packages which are merely
problematic in combination.  But there's always been some packages which
were mutually exclusive.  And there always will be, unless you eradicate
such packages from the install media, completely.  And, then, you'll
piss off a whole lot of different people.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.