Re: Custom installation of Fedora

On Sun, 2009-08-23 at 09:50 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> It was explained long ago that installing "everything" would throw up
> some serious conflicts/problems that would stop many thing working
> correctly.

And even an "install almost everything" option is likely to be just as
problematic.  It's a very bad choice for newcomers, who're quite likely
to pick such and option without knowing what they're in for.  Trying to
install the lot is best left to those who'll be able to handle all the
problems it will entail.  And those who have those special/peculiar
needs can always use a custom kickstart install.

Not too mention that no matter what, even when you exclude incompatible
package, and picking all of the rest, you do not install *everything*.
There are far more packages available from the repos than are on, and
can be on, the install media.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686