Re: (no subject)

On 08/18/2009 03:45 PM, Sharpe, Sam J wrote:
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux is a very successful, profitable product
> line, which many people buy. I'm not sure how many of them are Fedora
> users and I'm not sure how much Red Hat cares either way - people like
> you are not the target market.

True. Aside from that, RHEL by definition targets the enterprise market.
Centos provides the same bits, but does target a similar business
market, and Fedora targets the consumers, and allows us to do some
testing so that when released, RHEL will be a better product. But, RHEL
does allow Red Hat to employ professionals who do contribute to the
kernel as well as other Linux components which effectively contributes
to making Linux in general better.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix