Re: upgrading to Fedora 11 (x86_64) problem

I've used the dvd to update, finishes successfully and still the
kernel and yum still point to fc10.
Seem after the packages are all installed the system runs the
cleanup/alter scripts and sometimes
it works and sometimes not.

alt+cntl+F2 and cat the /boot/grub/grub.conf shows no change and top
shows little going
on..

Yesterday and redid the install with preupgrade-cli and did the above
and the grub list was
fixed up and all worked.

I also have updated using just yum.

Note that sometimes yum works fine, after upgrading and sometimes not.
Sometime the yum packages are
installed correctly or ? -- I that case -- I've done the following:

(as root)
mount /dev/sr0 /mnt && cd /mnt/packages && rpm --nodeps -e yum
yum-util && rpm -Uvh yum-.... yum-util-...
(be careful using rpm, note the --nodep  --- be sure to ___backup___
before you do any of this)