Re: installation of fedora 11

Hi;

On Mon, 2009-08-17 at 21:06 +0530, shreyas m wrote:
> HI
> actually i downloaded the fedora 11 from the internet and wrote it in
> a bootable disc.now when I try to boot using the disc,CALDERA DOS
> opens up in the begining itself and i'm not able to proceed further.
> please may i get the help about how top proceed further

Easy stuff to check first!

1)   Did you burn the boot disk as an .iso disk rather than a data disk?

2)   Have you set up your BIOS boot order so that your removable disk
drive is searched first for an operating system i.e. before your hard
drive?

3)   Have you read the Fedora 11 installation guide at
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f11/en-US/html/

The installation guide will tell you how to install from LiveCD, CD's (6
of them I believe) or DVD.  It is usually very simple; don't be
intimidated.

If you are still having problems, get back to this users list. There are
lots of experienced people here willing to help.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 11, Gnome 2.26.3