Re: HDA Intel sound card problem

2009/8/16 Anne Wilson <annew@xxxxxxx>

PA is simply one layer that, if it works with your chipset, allows control of
more than one channel.  If it doesn't work with your chipset it falls back to
the alsa controls.  There is no way that PA is responsible for 90% of the
things people claim - it's simply not possible.

Yes, you can disable it or remove it, if you choose, but if also would work
without it, it will also work with it.  FWIW PA works well on a couple of
fedora installs here, but not on this laptop.  Every day I see a notification
that it can't work with my chipset, so sound will fall back to Default (which
is alsa).  I have no sound problems whatsoever.  I don't know a single
application that doesn't work as expected (though naturally I haven't tried
every available one).

Anne

Ok. I'll do it with PA and we'll se.. :) thanks for the replies

--
darekr