Re: Acer netbooks

On 08/16/2009 07:32 AM, roland wrote:
On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 11:45:40 +0200, Anne Wilson <annew@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sunday 16 August 2009 09:47:48 roland wrote:
On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 06:11:48 +0200, Michael Cronenworth <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>

wrote:
> On 08/15/2009 09:27 PM, Ed Landaveri wrote:
>> Please, is anyone running Fedora on any ACER netbook? If so can you
>> recommend a model?
>
> I've installed F11 on a Acer Aspire One (Atom, XP edition) and it's
> running fine.

I have an acer one as well, and I tried to install F11 from an USB DVD
player, WITHOUT success. It doesn't even start the installation.

Can you tell me how you did this?

IIRC you have to go to F12 very quickly on boot (haven't got it in front of me, so I can't check Fx) to get the usb player bootable. After that it's a
perfectly normal install.

Strange,

I did this and the installation stopped in the beginning.

http://catbe.dyndns.org/fotos/acer_aspire_one.jpg

shows you the picture of the screen.

What could be the difference?

Roland

On a couple of mini i installed on had trouble with video at boot, and I had to feed the following command to the kernel, 'nomodeset' (without ticks)