Re: Updating methods

> 	Would somebody please explain to me, again, in words of one
> syllable, why we're putting up with all the un-Linux-like rebooting? What
> am I gaining on my machines, or losing on hers??

Updated libraries for apps that are running.

Basically if you know what you are doing you can look at what updated and
restart a few daemons or tell the user to log out and log back in, or
restart firefox and so on.

PackageKit is a bit brainless in this area (but on the other hand takes
the right default - safety first). Send patches to package kit to make it
smarter and know about reboot v restart daenons v relogin. That probably
also needs some packaging changes and some extra triggers so its not
trivial.