Re: HDA Intel sound card problem

2009/8/16 Anne Wilson <annew@xxxxxxx>

Maybe totally unrelated, but since my soundcard is Intel ICH6 there could be
some correlation.

When I installed F11 (KDE desktop) no sound apps were working.  I tried some
Gnome apps, and some of them did work.  It turned out to be a matter of which
audio backend different applications need.  I don't know where you set it in
Gnome, but in KDE it's in systemsettings > Multimedia > Backend tab.

On this laptop it was set to xine and changing it to gstreamer got things
working again.

I launched kde and set gstreamer backend but it didn't help. Ehm.. stupid intel. Under centos,pld (and opensuse as i remember) it works.. In ubuntu doesn't work. but i didn't notice any special diffrences between configuration fedora and centos or pld. weird. Thanks Anne.

--
darekr