Re: why root to set default desktop background?

Todd Zullinger wrote:
Mike Wright wrote:
This sure seems ridiculous to me.

I changed my desktop background.  No problem.  But when I chose
"Make Default" I was notified that takes super user permissions.
What the heck is that about?

This is the user.  This is the user's desktop.

It's not.  The 'Make default' button is for making your chosen
background the system-wide default (the tooltip for the button even
says this).  So it's not at all unreasonable that this requires root
privileges.

Thanks for setting me straight on that.

Feeling a little crabby today. When I went to my desk this am I found my fonts had all changed overnight... to 6pt. Couldn't even read my mail with 2.75 lenses perched on my nose. Felt like I had a bag over my head and somebody had rearranged the furniture :(

:m)