Re: Samba trying to read /var/www and /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 8:54 AM, Ian Pilcher<arequipeno@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm constantly getting SELinux messages about smbd trying to access the
> subject directories:
>
> SELinux is preventing smbd (smbd_t) "search" to /var/www
> (httpd_sys_content_t).
>
> SELinux is preventing samba (smbd) "getattr" to /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc
> (binfmt_misc_fs_t).

I found this in googling.

binfmt_misc is a capability of the Linux kernel which allows arbitrary
executable file formats to be recognized and passed to certain user
space applications, such as emulators and virtual machines.

Are you running Wine maybe? virtualized windows box? It might explain this one.

What's the current state of your samba related booleans?

[root@phoenix binfmt_misc]# getsebool -a | grep samba
samba_create_home_dirs --> off
samba_domain_controller --> off
samba_enable_home_dirs --> off