Re: can't boot fresh install

On Sun, 2009-08-09 at 19:41 -0700, Alan Evans wrote:
> I used fdisk to fix the apparently broken partition table. For good
> measure, I even created a dummy partition and ran mke2fs on it to
> assure the drive was in good shape.

If you were erasing the drive, rather than *fix* the partition table,
why not eradicate it and create a completely new one?

e.g. Option "o" from the fdisk menu: create a new empty DOS partition
table

Or you could use dd to run zeros across the first few sectors, to make
sure that there isn't anything else that could accidentally be used.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.