Re: Blu-ray playback on Fedora 11

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 00:46:43 +0930
Tim wrote:

> The big question is:  Is it possible to create Linux users that can use
> a search engine?

My mantra is "Without google, linux itself would be impossible!" (It is
too bad though that even with google all you often get is 250 million
hits on the same online copy of the info file or man page you just looked
at and decided didn't have enough info).

I don't have a blu-ray drive in my computer, but when I was wondering
about the state of blu-ray a while back, I got the impression that
all the blu-ray ripping software worked by poking around debugger-like
in the memory of some authorized Windows based blu-ray playing software
to dig out the decryption keys for the ripper to use, which certainly
didn't sound like it was hopeful for a pure linux solution to just
playing them.