Re: Files dragged onto desktop don't show up

On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 20:30:04 +0000
g <geleem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> at this state, press and hold left mouse button and drag border/corner
> inward to a new window size.

Well, this fixed the problem.  I just used the resize to shrink it, and
now it increases and decreases in size properly.  I must have had it
misconfigured.  Thank you.

As far as testing Frank's problem, now that the size of nautilus is
fixed, the first few files I dragged back and forth had no problem.
Then I used a pdf file, and it disappeared. And unlike his case, it
doesn't come back if I click on the desktop. And now text files also
disappear.  However, they are in the Desktop folder/directory when I
got to a terminal and list it.  If I copy them back and try to drag
them back to the desktop, it tells me they already exist, so it knows
they are there, it just doesn't display them.

Hmmmm.  Seems like I also have the problem.  So I can confirm your
experience.