Re: kmod-nvidia revisited

>>sam.sharpe wrote:
>>
>>> There is however, no guarantee that akmod will generate a working
>>> module
>>
>>I'm sure experts on this group aren't afraid the lesser bit by what you
>>say here, but I find that rpmfusion does a really good job of making
>>sure everything just works. And they do it in a very timely matter.
>
> I agree with you 110%, after all, they also provide akmod-nvidia so
> they are always the winners in my book. I've had one single issue of the
> akmod not building a valid module, but I think I was using
> updates-testing at the time so I wouldn't complain!
>
> Go rpmfusion! I wouldn't be using Linux everywhere without you guys!

If you've been following discussions on this group recently, you must have
noticed that, whenever I don't like something about the way things work in
the open-source world, I say it openly.

But rpmfusion... rpmfusion... What could one find to say against the way
rpmfusion works? So far, all the packages they've provided work and, as
far as I know, only on their site will you find complete instructions on
installing the NVIDIA drivers. (Lots of disinformation on the net, but
nobody seems to give a damn about all the would-be Linux adopters lost
this way.)

Yeah... what's wrong about rpmfusion? Ah, I got it: they provide a package
for mplayer so we don't have to pay Microsoft twice by paying for Fluendo.

Ah, they're really bad! That's why I like them I suppose :)