Re: Secure Server

Alejandro Rodriguez Luna wrote:
> Hi all!!
>
> I just wanted ask about the security of services like ssh, dns, etc,
> what is the best way to secure this services?, perhaps /etc/hosts.allow
> and /etc/hosts.deny?, or perhaps with a superserver inetd or xined?,
>
> what's the difference among those way to secure the system?

Although /etc/hosts.* is an easy method of restricting access to certain
services I'd suggest using IPTables to control who has access to what,
as it's universal and offers more granular control over your rules.

Check out system-config-firewall, or for even greater control "man
iptables" and edit /etc/sysconfig/iptables.

-- Tom