Re: The ideal mail client?

Over the past 35 years or so, I have used many email programs from IBM
mainframes, Digital VMS, various timesharing systems, Windows, Unix and
Linux. I have not yet found an ideal mail client short of writing the
whole thing myself, and even that probably would not be ideal. Each one
of us has different expectations. I know people who just love Outlook.
My wife likes an older version of Eudora. It all comes down to personal
preferences. One reason I left the Sylpheed and Claws communities is
that there were some times I wanted to send HTML messages.

One of the reasons I chose Thunderbird over Evolution was that all of my
email (going back over 10 years originally from MH) was the Thunderbird
easily imported my entire MH archive, but I believe that Evolution would
do this just as well.

The bottom line is that, IMHO, email clients are like religions. Some of
us find one that fits us, others use the one that we were "born" with.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix