Re: Firefox on F9 with latest 64bit flash

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 7:10 PM, Sam Varshavchik <mrsam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Paolo Galtieri writes:

I have the same version of libflashplayer.so running on F11 and firefox does not crash there, however, I'm running the 3.5.1 version of firefox on F11.

It's fairly likely that Firefox's plugin binary ABI has changed, so the latest flash only works with newer versions of Firefox. That's the most likely explanation.

The latest flash plugin for x86_64 works for me on F10 with Firefox 3.0.12 (can't upgrade this machine to F11 due to an open Anaconda bug).

I ended up solving the problem by going with the 32 bit version of flash from Fedora 9 along with the 3.5.1 firefox from thefirefox website.  I can't upgrade to F11 because I can't get VMware to work on F11 and I wont upgrade to F10 due to seriously broken Gnome on F10.

Paolo