Re: grubby recieved SIGSEGV! Backtrace (6):

Tony Nelson wrote:
On 09-07-31 11:58:18, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
Tony Nelson wrote:
is there a way to tell yum "hey I have a source here, add it to the
list" instead of creating an rpm and then installing the rpm?

No.

Probably.  I don't use grubby (if needed, I write my own grub
stanza).  You may have to use the source to find out.

Alright, so I can go ahead and remove grubby.

Now, don't be hasty, grubby does do several things (whatever they are).
You could peruse the source to see what grubby is up to, without really
having to understand it.  Also, you can run it under gdb and get a
backtrace, without really having to understand it, though you should
install the debuginfo beforehand with `debuginfo-install grubby`.

No I'll leave it in there..
(for atleast now).

As for the debug info, at the moment
I'm just trying to get up and running,
so far 2.6.31-rc* works good glibc compiled and went
in perfectly, probably load the latest policy and then leave the system as is.

Then once I'm satisfied I can look at the grub situation, to make sure
things are legit(because I will be compiling the kernel again, and having
something like that just creates more work, so better get it right).

but so far so good,
(nice work peoples making fedora!!)

Justin P. Mattock