Re: F11 installation w/o journaling fs

On 07/31/2009 10:06 AM, Andras Simon wrote:
On 7/31/09, rgheck<rgheck@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

I installed on an Eee 1000 by using the livecd-tools to copy boot.iso to
a pendrive, boot from that, and then do an NFS install. I've also had

Where did you find the boot.iso?

E.g. here: http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/11/Fedora/i386/os/images/. Then install with the "askmethod" option (easiest, it seems to me).

It would make more sense if boot.iso were with the other ISO files, but it's not.

success copying the DVD ISO to a pen drive that way. To do this, install
livecd-tools, then look at livecd-iso-to-disk.

You mean the procedure that's described here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/USBHowTo#How_to_Make_a_bootable_USB_Drive_to_Install_Fedora_11_instead_of_using_a_physical_DVD

?

Yes, that one, more or less. I think I had to futz around with it a bit to get it to work, but eventually it did.

BTW, it makes for a much faster install than from DVD, so if you have a few machines to do, it's a nice method, even if they do have a DVD drive---though the fastest, in my experience, is NFS.

rh