Re: Hi fedora Users ,i am new to fedora.

Karthikeyan Loganathan wrote:
> Hi fedora Users ,i am new to fedora.
> I downloaded 11g(383DVD) fedora recently.And i burned that iso image in DVD.
> When i installed ,i am getting  *"kernel panic not syncing attempted to
> kill init"* .during Booting itself and the lights are blinking continously.
> I have serached google ,but i am not finding correct solution.
> If anyone of you got this problem,can you correct me.

Welcome to the Fedora mailing list. It would be a good idea to read
the list guidelines, as it has several points that will help you get
answers. Two problems that stick out in your message is the subject
doesn't give a clue to your problem, and you should not post in
HTML. Many people on the list will skip your message because of
these problems.

Guidelines:

Now, on to your problem. It sounds like you have a bad DVD. I would
first check that your image downloaded properly. If the sha26sum
matches, then I would try burning the DVD at a slower speed.

There is also an option on the DVD to check if it was burned
correctly, but I am not sure if yours will get that far. It is
definitely a bad DVD.

Mikkel