Re: F11: setting up a mobile 3G connection

2009/7/29 Joerg Bergmann <email@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> seems you have to use usb_modeswitch. Under Windows,
> this device comes up as an USB-CDROM, driver installation
> sarts automatically, and at the end of the autorun script
> a mode switch command will be send to the Huawei device.
> After that the Huawei device shows up as a GSM Modem.
> Under Linux, usb_modeswitch will do this task. usb_modeswitch
> is a package to be installed, there may be other 3G/4G related
> packages to be installed. Changes to udev rules (/etc/udev/rules.d/)
> and modprobe (/etc/modprobe.d/) may appear or must be done.
>
> Joerg

Joerg

using usb_modeswitch is o.k. and now I have the card in the list of
available devices when creating new mobile broad band connection: then
I can choose my service provider (Italy first, then Tim) and issue an
apply. But such a connection is not shown in available connections, I
can use it only as automatic...no way of selecting available to all
users option

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag