Re: Blank Display

hi,

just realised that only the root user has the X Gui for any other user the screen is still blank.

--- On Wed, 7/29/09, Morisso Buffalo <manguyia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Morisso Buffalo <manguyia@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Blank Display
To: " encouragement and advice for using Fedora.Community assistance" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 2:18 AM

Thanks for response,

am using fedora 9
installed from DVD
running default Gnome

VGA compatible controller: intel corp82845G/GL{Brookdale-G}/GE chipset Intergrated Graphic device

some of the log messages i got (though i didnt understand them) are:
  •  PCI interupt link (LNKD) X0 disabled
  • prefetch window disabled
  • Avahi-daemon(2120): Successifully dropped root privileges.
  •        warning:-No NSS support for mDNS detected, consider install nss-mdns
  • Acpid connected from 2222(0;0)  debug: gdmserver started X server

/var/log/Xorg.0.log gave me "permission denied"

i also tried init 3 thing and it gave gave me the X but with different settings

thanks alot atleast i have an X. am still learning