Re: Q about alsamixer:CD

Mike Wright wrote:

> I just tested that setup.  Make sure audio cable is in place; attach kb
> volume controls to CD; play CD; test CD volume control on alsamixer;
> test kb volume controls:  no effect.
>
> To make sure I rebooted and checked BIOS controls for sound (none).  I
> guess it's possible the m/b CD input and/or the audio cable is broken.
>
> But at least I've found a viable means of controlling sound so I'm a
> happy camper now.

Make sure that the application is set to use analog rather then
digital output from the CD-ROM drive if you want to use the analog
cable. The other thing to be careful about if you added the cable is
to make sure it is wired correctly. Some are wired wrong for
specific combinations of CD-ROM and sound card.

Mikkel