Re: Suddenly I can't play audio CDs in F11.

On Sun, 2009-07-26 at 16:14 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > The question what program to Bugzilla. I had a feeling it was udev
> > problem but it might indeed be a HAL problem.  The confusion is that
> > DVDs work and mountable data CDs work but audio CDs don't.
> >
> Wat doesn't work is the part that HAL is supposed to do. The CD is
> sensed in the drive. The system tries to read it, and gets the usual
> error when trying to read an audio CD. Do icon and no program launch
> after the audio CD is detected. But you can still access the CD if
> you launch a program that reads/plays CDs.
>
> I would be more inclined to suspect udev if nothing happened when
> you inserted a data CD or a DVD. But it would not be my first choice
> unless the drive was not detected at all.
>
> Mikkel
You are porbably right but lshw |grep audio
returns:
                capabilities: removable audio cd-r cd-rw dvd dvd-r
which indicates that audio CD-s are expected
and my experience with running auudio reading programs differes from
yours. Most audio programs won't read the audio CD and those that will
loose sound after a few minutes.