Re: Open SSH client error

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Richard R. Cahilig writes:

Hello,

I just installed fedora 11 64bit on our server, the problem is I cannot connect to other Linux server using "ssh" the error says "ssh: connect to host 83.229.64.51 port 22: No route to host". Its strange because I already disabled the firewall and the selinux on this server and I can connect to that other Linux server using different computer and the firewall and selinux on that server is also disabled. Please help me.

Can you ping the destination server. If you can, it's a firewall issue. If you cannot, you have a networking issue.

Actually that's not correct for several reasons, the destination may not respond to ping and unless they are connected by a single cable some network device between them may drop ICMP.

I would suggest using tcpdump to capture the packets, save in a file, and then examine with either tcpdump (should be enough) or wireshark (and probably you want the GUI for that as well).

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>