Re: Fedora repositories

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009, John Mellor wrote:

What you usually need is RPM Fusion and Livna. There is a fairly
comprehensive listing at

http://rpmfusion.org/FedoraThirdPartyRepos

That's a pretty good summary.

It is, though it should include the Cooperative Bug Isolation Project (CBI) < http://www.cs.wisc.edu/cbi/ > and their config rpm - http://www.cs.wisc.edu/cbi/downloads/rpm/fedora-11-i386/RPMS.tools/cbi-package-config-11-10.i586.rpm

Why is this page not referenced anywhere that I can find on the Fedora Website?

It would be good to have this referenced somewhere that would be easy to find. At least fedorafaq.org could have it on there somewhere.

Or is this another on of those stupid "We have to abide by U.S. Regulations" things that are just plain wrong for an international project?

That's not as black and white an issue as you might think. Until there is a universal global legal system that everyone on the planet will abide by the prevailing laws of each country will have a significant impact on any project accessible to anyone within or from that country.

You think it sucks, I think it sucks, just about everyone in this community thinks it sucks. But the ones with the power and money don't give a $#it what we think.

Joe

--
Using Linux since 11/91         |         http://www.linux.org
Linux user #29402               |         http://counter.li.org/