Re: fedora 11 worst then ever release

oleksandr korneta wrote:

I don't do upgrades either, since the time rh9 to fc1 didn't work for me. But I dont complain, kind of got used to the idea that fedora is not made for upgrades. However, fresh install every time takes too much time for deploying all the old tweaked configs and stuff... so I switch between versions just once a year, from f N to f n+2, keeping two consequent version of fedora on two different machines.

FWLIW, I have done upgrades from Red hat 2.2 through Fedora 10. Some have been smooth as silk while others were, well, smooth as sandpaper. The only time I had to do a complete reinstall was when I had a power outage in the middle of upgrading. And now, with the Unofficial Fedora® FAQ at http://www.fedorafaq.org as a resource, upgrading is fairly quick and relatively easy.

Joe

--
Using Linux since 11/91         |             http://www.linux.org
Linux user #29402               |             http://counter.li.org/