Re: networkManager is killing me

You are not giving any useful information here to help resolve the problem. What you are doing is just blaming NetWorkManager and asking if drastic solutions fit the unstated problem. The problem may not be NetworkManager, but something quite different.

I never have a connectivity problem with NetWorkManager in Fedora 11 x86_64 on a Dell Latitude E6400 laptop. I've done nothing special. I just wireless away and surf to my heart's content. If I need to do heavy downloads I connect a cable and download away. Works smooth as you could want.

I have noted that people using Microsoft Windows software drivers have problems with some Intel wireless adapters such as the Wireless 5300 a/g/n.

or

in environments where there are numerous access points with the ssid "linksys". So what I'm saying is, look into resolving possible connectivity issues that may have little or nothing to do with NetWorkManager.

Bob Cochran