system-config-printer and gome-packagekit

Hi!
In lates updates I resieved new system-config-printer that has a Require gnome-
packagekit. I have not any packagekit installed (for some personal reasons)
and this was notisable. Looking in details, I desided this is need for
something been installed for printer support (any additional drivers may be?).
The question is in following. Is this interoperation between realy different
applications is such necessary? Could it be splited into 2 packages one of
then *packagekit* Require and intall anything and the second (main one) for
peculiarly printer configuration? And the last: what realy could be (need be)
installed during system-config-printer work?

--
Dmitrij S. Kryzhevich