Re: F11 and PulseAudio

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 08:35, suvayu ali<fatkasuvayu+linux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I understand the workaround makes things work for you. Everyone keeps
> complaining about pulseaudio and always as a fix someone suggests a
> workaround that effectively disables it, but wouldn't a bug report
> help improve pulseaudio?

It is always the question about what you want.

Do you want a working system now or do you have time to investigate
and help tracking down a bug.

I have four computers running fedora (work, home, netbook, media pc),
with f10 PA wasn't usable on any of them. f11 is a lot better, but I
still have to use alsa if I want to do recording or skype. The volume
control is also a mess, with the controls between rhythmbox and gnome
being somehow related. And sometimes it seems to be a cpu hog, at
least on the netbook.

I am sure pulseaudio will be a good solution at some point, but some
people just need to get some work done now and for these it makes
sense to disable it if they want do.

Another thing: for me it is obvious there are problems with puleaudio,
you just have to read the fedora lists or the forum. Always answering
with "It works for me, don't switch it off" is not much help either,
the first step to solve a problem is to realize that there is a
problem.

Christof