fresh install of F11 using ati 4770 defauilts to vesa

Hi,

I just installed a Sapphire Radeon 4770 card and then installed F11 and updated it. The glxgears rate reported is 200 fps, compared to about 5500 using the previous X1600 card with the ATI proprietary driver. Looking at /var/log/Xorg.0.log shows the device detected as vesa. How would I override this? and with what, radeon?

like this:

(==) --- Start of built-in configuration ---
        Section "Device"
                Identifier      "Builtin Default ati Device 0"
                Driver  "ati"
        EndSection
        Section "Screen"
                Identifier      "Builtin Default ati Screen 0"
                Device  "Builtin Default ati Device 0"
        EndSection
        Section "Device"
                Identifier      "Builtin Default vesa Device 0"
                Driver  "vesa"

--
When addiction becomes commonplace in a society, people become addicted not only to alcohol and drugs, but to a thousand other destructive pursuits: money, power, dysfunctional relationships, or video games. A social perspective on addiction does not deny individual differences in vulnerability to addiction, but it removes them from the foreground of attention, because social determinants are more powerful.