Re: Yum: Cannot retrieve repository metadata for epel

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 15:09:58 -0600, Kevin wrote:

> > rpm --erase epel-release
> >
> > and in case you don't have an epel-release package installed (it's
> > included within Fedora 11 by accident), simply delete the epel.repo
> > file.
> >
> > EPEL is a repository for RHEL and/or CentOS.
>
> Additionally, there is no RHEL or CentOS 6 yet, nor a epel-release that
> claims to be version 6. ;)

Not true. Funnily it does default to '6' in the baseurl lines which
are commented out.

| * Sun Mar 25 2007 Michael Stahnke  mastahnke gmail com  - 6-0
| Bumped in devel to RHEL 6. (We can dream).

> You may want to look at what installed or modified that repo file
> and/or package, because it's been modified from the real epel-release
> version.

$ grep 6 epel.repo
name=Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 6 - $basearch
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/6/$basearch
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=epel-6&arch=$basearch
name=Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 6 - $basearch - Debug
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/6/$basearch/debug
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=epel-debug-6&arch=$basearch
name=Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 6 - $basearch - Source
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/6/SRPMS
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=epel-source-6&arch=$basearch