Re: Ranter or evangelist?

2009/7/17 Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> In short, regarding your problems:
>>
>> Gnome desktop - nothing listed as a handler application for CDDA
>> Nautilus - Not interfacing to your chosen CDDA handler.
>
> Is Rhythmbox installed ? I would expect that to own CD playing (as it
> does normally when in use)
>
> --

Just a question - does anyone know which modules need to be loaded for
Audio CDs to play

My situation is sometime between F10 and F11 my system has stopped
recognising audio-cd media

All over optical media is fine (Data Cd's, DVDs,DVDs DVD CD's vcds)
just not audiocds - nothing happens - no messages in system log or
dmesg

I know it is possible that my DVD drive is failing subtly but I would
like to investigate the issue further

At present sound-juicer/Rhythmbox wont recognise the existence of any
media in the drive

any help appreciated