Re: .deb

On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 11:05 +0200, François Patte wrote:
> I am wondering if there is some tool under fedora which allow to unpack
> and install packages from debian (.deb): I have found a bunch of ttf
> japanese fonts on debian site but I don't know how to install them.

Not for the moment, no. Alien and dpkg have not yet been packaged for
Fedora.

> Or, are there ttf "exotic" fonts on fedora which I could install with yum?
>
> Where? And what are their names?

On Fedora 11 I get

$ yum search japanese|grep -i font
hanazono-fonts.noarch : Japanese Mincho-typeface TrueType font
ipa-gothic-fonts.noarch : Japanese Gothic-typeface OpenType font by IPA
ipa-mincho-fonts.noarch : Japanese Mincho-typeface OpenType font by IPA
ipa-pgothic-fonts.noarch : Japanese Proportional Gothic-typeface
OpenType font
ipa-pmincho-fonts.noarch : Japanese Proportional Mincho-typeface
OpenType font
japanese-bitmap-fonts.noarch : Free Japanese Bitmap fonts
jisksp16-1990-fonts.noarch : 16x16 JIS X 0212:1990 Bitmap font
knm_new-fonts.noarch : 12x12 JIS X 0208 Bitmap font
mona-bitmap-fonts.noarch : Bitmap Japanese font for text arts
mona-sazanami-fonts.noarch : True Type Japanese font for text arts based
on
mona-vlgothic-fonts.noarch : True Type Japanese font for text arts based
on
sazanami-fonts-common.noarch : Common files for Sazanami Japanese
TrueType fonts
sazanami-gothic-fonts.noarch : Sazanami Gothic Japanese TrueType font
sazanami-mincho-fonts.noarch : Sazanami Mincho Japanese TrueType font
vlgothic-fonts.noarch : Japanese TrueType font
vlgothic-fonts-common.noarch : Common files for VLGothic Japanese
TrueType fonts
vlgothic-p-fonts.noarch : Proportional Japanese TrueType font
wqy-bitmap-fonts.noarch : WenQuanYi Bitmap Chinese Fonts
wqy-zenhei-fonts.noarch : WenQuanYi Zen Hei CJK Font
xorg-x11-fonts-misc.noarch : misc bitmap fonts for the X Window System

--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor