Re: F11 upgrade - worse than Windows

Peter J. Stieber wrote:
So your feeling is I should abort the currently stuck install?

If you can't find out what's been installed and what isn't, yes, I'd abort and try again. Seems I always end up doing that anyways. B^)

24x80 is *not* enough buffer space on any of the 3 log screens to be able to scroll back and see information that has scrolled off the screen. Seems that's always what happens, by the time you find the right screen to look at, the useful information has scrolled off the top of it.

Can anyone tell me what anaconda does during a GUI install after it reads...

N of N packages completed

in the background, and

Finishing upgrade process.  This may take a little while...

Could be just package cleanup (ie deleting the OLD RPMs from the db, cleaning up the grub.conf file, etc.) Or it could be actually starting to run the transaction in which case its only starting to install the N packages....

Can you see if the new kernel is in your grub.conf?

If you chroot to your /mnt/sysimage, does rpm -qa show the new RPMS as installed? Does it show any of your old ones too?

in the foreground?

Pete

--
Kevin J. Cummings