Re: F11: Blender and the i915 driver

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Robin Laing<Robin.Laing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Marco Guazzone wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 7:08 PM, Petrus de
>>>

>> Hi!
>>
>> Sorry for the delay.
>>
>> I've tried to use "nomodeset" but the problem remains even if this
>> time only the screen and the keyboard frozen, not the mouse. Furhter,
>> the blender window remained transparent, while without nomodeset it
>> remains completely grey.
>>
>> Anyway,  I had to reboot since there was no way to interact with the
>> system
>>
>> Here below is the trace:
>
> This issue isn't just with this driver.  I have had it happen with the
> nvidia (rpmfusion) driver and VLC.
>
> Could you please tell me how did you get the trace once the system locked
> up?

Hi!

After the reboot, look inside /var/log/messages (you need root privileges)
Then, move to the end of file
And search backward for "end trace".
This line mark the end of the trace. For the beginning line, search
backward for "cut here"

Note, if no line is found it is possible your lines are in an already
"rotated" files (e.g., /var/log/messages-20090712).

Cheers!!

-- Marco