Re: Disabling IRQ #19

2009/7/14 Luc MAIGNAN <luc.maignan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> for those that have follow my pbs, my PC hangs up under fedora after two or
> three minutes. I tried to install a Slackware and during installation, I've
> got the error 'Disabling IRQ #19'. I think all problems are linked.
>
> Has anyone a idea to fix this problem ?

I haven't been following your problem so I don't know if this has been
suggested but it sounds like it's probably a driver or hardware
problem. Here's a suggestion to help investigate:

Try running "lsmod" or maybe "/sbin/lsmod" to see what drivers are loaded.
Copy the output to a file.
On another PC, look up the drivers to see what they are (since you'll
need more than 2 or 3 minutes to do so!).
If it looks like you can safely disable them (sound devices network,
any other non-essential peripherals), boot your PC into linux
(slackware or fedora) and remove those modules with "rmmod
<module-name>". Then try running for a few minutes to see it works OK
without those drivers loaded. Remove as many of them as you can.

Hopefully this way you can figure out what has caused it. When the
system hangs you won't usually get any useful information in
/var/log/messages so whilst it's worth having a look through the log
files once or twice, don't spend too much time on it.

Otherwise, it is likely to be a hardware issue. You could try running
memtest. Apologies if this has all been said before but the thread is
new.

Chris.