Re: 3 finger salute gone in F11

--- On Mon, 7/13/09, Mick M. <off_by_1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Mick M. <off_by_1@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: 3 finger salute gone in F11
> To: " encouragement and advice for using Fedora.Community assistance" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Monday, July 13, 2009, 4:18 PM
>

> --- On Mon, 7/13/09, Tom Horsley <tom.horsley@xxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > look at the xorg.conf man page in the SERVERFLAGS
> section
> > for DontZap
> >

> thanks but I do not have an /etc/X11/xorg.conf file (or any
> other xorg.conf).
>
> I don't want to create one as X is working fine.
>
> Mick M.
>

> --

http://ryanler.wordpress.com/2009/06/11/controlaltbackspace-shortcut-does-not-restart-the-x-server-in-fedora-11/

Apparently, you have to create an xorg.conf file with the following:

X Server

The key combination Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to kill the X server has been disabled by default as a decision of the upstream Xorg project. To get this behavior back, add the the line
Option "DontZap" "false"

to the ServerFlags section in xorg.conf.

The Xorg project has changed the default DontZap setting to "true" after complaints from desktop users that accidentally hit Ctrl+Alt+Backspace when trying to type Alt+Backspace, Ctrl+Backspace, or Shift+Backspace, or who had StickyKeys enabled. Ctrl+Alt+Backspace is also a keyboard shortcut for deleting certain expressions in C and Java modes in Emacs.

Look into release notes, there you should find it.

Regards,

Antonio