Re: simple LDAP for address book?

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 09:44:24 -0600
Aly Dharshi wrote:

> Shouldn't something like Thunderbird + Addressbooks Synchronizer + an imap
> folder suffice for this ? Why would you want to use a directory server for this,
> that would be over kill no ?

LDAP seems to be the only option offered in most email clients for
access to a remote address book. I got email client freedom for
the mail itself when I setup dovecot, since all clients can talk
IMAP, I'm just trying to get client freedom for the address book
as well, so don't want to be tied to thunderbird or any specific
similar solution.