Re: F11 (Thpd T30) : reproducible display loss

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 23:02:25 +0200, Roberto Ragusa wrote:

> Beartooth wrote:
> [...]
>> 	So I'm altogether at sea about what is wrong with the T30 -- the
>> new hard drive, the old BIOS, its version of X, or what.

> I read your post rapidly, but I give you my two cents: the program
> (and/or wine) is drawing a big bitmap (possibly because of a wrong
> calculation about screen size etc.) and this triggers a problem in the X
> driver. No wonder it works when on ssh. There are only two things that
> can lock a machine; the kernel and X.

> The hard disk is not guilty, sure. :-)

	Well, that last is certainly good to hear; many thanks!

	The rest is over my head. I don't even follow why it is that ssh
helps, alas!

	The same map program works fine on other F11 machines, under
Wine. Does that not show, as I think, that the problem is specific to the
T30 in some way??

	Can somebody translate it down to my level, suggest  how to test
it, and what to do about it?