Re: kvm/qemu network problem

Bret wrote:
I set up a windows xp virtual machine. Windows recognizes the nic and set up a driver for it, however it will not get an ip address from my router. I set up win xp before and everything worked, however, I deleted the vm a while back ago and now need it back. (Guess I shouldn't have gotten rid of it) Anyway, all I get is the win generated ip address 169.xxx.xxx.xxx and cannot connect to the internet.
Question one: are you really running kvm (as in command line) or are you using virt-manager or similar and hoping they know how to do what you want.
Makes a vast difference in who can help you.

You presumably don't want to run XP as a server, so any of the NAT default solutions should work.
--
Bill Davidsen <[email protected]>