Re: Another Firefox 3.5 problem update

On 07/09/2009 10:10 AM, brian wrote:
On 07/09/2009 09:58 AM, Bradley wrote:
I just did a bigger search of issues with Firefox 3.5 on the Mozilla
website and apparently the problem I've experienced is one of a number
of problems with this release. There are numerous reports of users
having to downgrade back to 3.0 due to varying compatibility and website
issues. It would therefore be my recommendation that Fedora (as well as
any other release) to officially not use 3.5 until these issues have
been resolved. If 3.5 works fine with the sites you visit, they you have
"dodged the bullet" successfully but do not be surprised if you suddenly
go to a new site (for you) and find it doesn't work. Feel free to check
it out yourself.

Bradley

Another nonsense post, is more like it. You still have not explained *what* these problems are. Is it locking up? Crashing? Bursting into flames? What are these mysterious problems that you're supposedly giving the heads-up about?

Your "information" so far has been little more than rumour & innuendo and you've been evasive when pressed or clarification. FYI, my arse.

(exasperated sigh)

1) First I would like to express my sincerest apologies to everyone on this list as I was not aware that you all were so demanding of such detailed information. I didn't mean to come across as a gossip or as a pain-in-the-you-know-what. In the interest of public information, I just wanted to pass along relevant information and then drop it. I will be more prepared in the future.

2) The reason I didn't give specific information was because I didn't keep any to pass along as I figured it would be unnecessary given the nature of the problem. I can see now, that before I post anything on this list, I should make sure I have some as I will be prompted for it if I don't provide it.

3) Even though I don't have any screen shots to pass along I did find one of the websites that failed to work with it. http://www.monster.com flat out does not work with 3.5 and they have posted a note to that effect in their FAQ section. If you turn off javascript, you will not be able to use the site at all. The problems on this site vary to the login window appearing partially behind another window and hence sometimes being unable to log on, being unable to fully print some articles, etc. I had a chat specifically with their support department and was told that at this time they have no plans to change their site to support FF3.5's script commands.

4) I did finally get a response from Mozilla about this issue and, although they sidestepped the question a bit, they did confirm that some script commands were changed and/or removed in this version in the interest of making FF3.5 run faster, which was their primary goal. They were unspecific in their response and so I can give you nothing more than that. If you need details on what was changed, you will need to contact them directly.

I hope this clears things up a bit where my good intentions couple with poor preparations caused gross misunderstandings. From this point on I am considering this thread done with unless anyone has anything else to add that would help.

Bradley