Re: REG:Steps to configure FTP in fc8

On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 09:32 +0100, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 09/07/09 08:49, palamalai swamy wrote:
> > Dear Team,
> >
> >   Kindly send the steps to install ftp in fc8
> >

> Fedora 8 is no longer supported.
> You may be more advised to upgrade to Fedora 10 or 11.
>

> Regards,
>
> Frank

I run fc8 on one of my machines so don't feel alone. On this aprticular
machine Fedoa hasw not properly recognized the sound card since FC6.

Anyway, do you really need ftp or would sftp be ok?

You probably have an ftp on your machine but you need a ftpd on the
target machine. rpms that contain that are vsftpd and pure-ftpd in the
F11 distribution. I think that vsftpd will work but I am not completely
sure.